Shaving pubic area may seem a sensitive topic, well, you are right but we have to talk about it.
No, the matter which body part you’re shaving the process is pretty intuitive except when it comes to pubic hair. Whether the pubic area or the arm area, both should be lowered. It wouldn’t be great wearing an armless gown or top without not shaving.
- It could cause mild body odour for you as a person and make you feel uncomfortable.
It rules out any chances of infections if an episiotomy ( a cut made at the opening of the vaginal to help a difficult delivery or rupture during childbirth).
- Pubic hair is an ideal place microbe manifestation. This makes it necessary to keep the area clean to keep any infections at bay.
- Trimming or shaving your pubic hair helps to reduce sweating and keeps the area clean.
A clean-shaven pubic area provides a better view of the gynaecologist if she wants to
make a consultation.
- If not shaved properly, it can lead to ingrown hair, wherein the hair starts to grow inside the skin causing painful bumps.
How Can You Shave?
- Use a shaving cream: It could be itchy and painful when you use a shaving stick and uncomfortable, it is more recommendable to use shaving cream. Use fingers to feel and locate the area while going down and shave off the hair using the shaving cream. While doing this go into a bathtub and lay your back. Then try to bathe after shaving and change into clean clothing.
- Go slowly: Go slowly, be gentle and do not blind- shave. Be conscious of what you are doing even if it means taking the mirror to the bathroom. When you go slowly it prevents nicks and cuts. If you do get some cuts perhaps or an infection, go to the nearest pharmacy and let pharmacist recommend you for some ointment to treat the wounds. Whether you choose to shave the pubic area regularly or not, having a safe routine is a must.
Tell us! What method of shaving works best for you?