“The way you think about yourself determines your reality. You are not being hurt by the way people think about you. Many of those people are a reflection of how you think about yourself.”– Shannon L. Alder
The question is do really feel confident about yourself? Do find yourself not doing something you enjoy doing or not trying something that you are really good at because of a lack of confidence? You feel you’re not going enough We all have fears and worries, which is part of life. True confidence comes from your heart. No matter what anyone chooses to say whether good or hurtful words to you, you can choose to believe what you want. Nobody can make that choice, you own it Mamalette.
You can build confidence in the following ways;
1.Say positive things into your life: There is a saying whatever you keep saying, it eventually come to pass. Speak good and affirmative words. Your words are powerful and it goes a long in affecting our lives. Your thoughts are really powerful and they change our behaviours, decisions. Once you start to believe in yourself and saying good words both morning and night to yourself, the world will too. But it begins with you, no else will do it for except you. It easier said than done, but that’s the more reason you should practice it.
2. Slay it, I will say: Because you are a mom, doesn’t mean you dress well. You will be judged based on the way you are dressed. Well, you don’t have to wear expensive clothes. You go for something classic and simple. Wear hairstyle your face perfume, shoes that look good and makes you feel comfortable. Your appearance contributes to your self-confidence.
3. Exercise: Besides all of the benefits, exercising can boost your confidence in many ways. It helps you feel better and energized and it makes you more productive.
4. Try to be clean within and out: A mum’s job is a tough one but you can attain a clean environment in a small stride. Do you work little by little without piling it up till it is a whole lot? Washing, cooking, cleaning can be done gradually.
5. Pay attention to body language: The way that you carry yourself can say more about you as a person. You don’t have to tell someone about yourself for them to determine who you are.
6. Engage in profitable money-making activities: You can make money while caring for your home. Thank God for technology, you could work from home if your husband doesn’t want to. There are so many legit jobs you do that pays well, you could start a course online and earn a certificate that gives you honours. You could acquire skills to boost your resume or volunteer to work in an organization.
7. Cultivate a savings culture: As you make the money, invest your income into assets that bring wealth. Consume less and save more.
8. Stop comparing yourself to others: Self-comparison is a waste of time. No one is better or worse than anyone else. We all have our strength and weakness. You are only hurting yourself when you do this. No one can ever be like you even if there is a replicate of you.
9. Learn to say NO when it is necessary: You can’t always please people because what people want from you are insatiable. People who lack confidence tend to be ‘’people-pleasers” who have trouble saying no.
10. Surround yourself with positive people: If the people in your life make you feel like you aren’t enough, you don’t have the right people in your life. Make sure your squad is full of people who want to build you up and support you. Positive people will make you more positive.
11. Set goals for yourself: Try to do something new weekly or daily. Try to explore new ideas and things you are interested in and have been willing to do all this while. You could read a book, learn a new language, travel, etc. Dear mamalette, remember you are smart, you are brave and you can be confident.