Motherhood gives mothers so many things, like a mom body, hips, spider veins, saggy parts, stretch mark and this is the best part confidence and pride. Carrying and giving birth to a person all by yourself is enough reason to strut with so much swagger and verve right? But what’s to be done with the extra weight? Between having to clean the house, take care of the kids and work your job what time is left to try and trim down?
And diets? Every mother wants to be as sexy as sin but hey, dieting with kids is just so hard and if you ever wonder why, here’s your answer;
1. Kids love eating snacks all the days of the week, and how can they eat junks without us being tempted to eat along?
2. Fruits such as banana, apples, cucumber and others are perfect food to eat when you’re in a rush but for how long?
3. Mums get those moments when we feel like we’re going crazy and eating is one of the things that pacifies us (you can be sure the meal ain’t gonna be healthy).
4. They said they want pancakes for breakfast and then they refuse to touch them, and food is not allowed to go to waste meanwhile since the food is not going to eat themselves, you end up stuffing yourself with it.
5. The truth is healthy foods are not as satisfying as carbs.
6. Kale smoothies are healthy but we all know they don’t taste great.
7. Instead of going through the trouble of cooking and begging your kids to eat, after having a very tiring day, how about we just eat out.
9. Maxi dresses hide everything, so why bother to trim down?
10. While watching exercise videos, you have to cope with being yelled at by the kids and the screen screaming at you.
11. Running? Who get that time?
12. Eating Greek yoghurt and fruits only for lunch seems like punishment
13. The sign of a mom is their mom body so why go through all that trouble to slim down?
14. Mom hips have their own function, babies and toddlers will have somewhere to sit on when they are carried. Why spoil that?
15. After eating all the boring healthy foods, at some point moms will be like “seriously! I’d rather be extra fat then eat this yucky food”
16. Not all moms are concerned about dieting, some are quite happy the way they are. We seriously don’t all have to be slim, do we?
For some moms who are not stressed by being parents to toddlers, dieting comes easy. To them I say, more grease to your elbow! And for us who are too swamped to be bothered to diet, it’s normal so let’s not work up ourselves over it.