Your baby this week
- This week your baby is becoming distinctly human in shape and looks more like a person. This week your baby officially becomes a foetus and will undergo some dramatic changes. The embryonic tail at the bottom of your baby's spinal cord continues to shrink and dissapear.
- All organs and body parts are now present in various stages of development. Your baby’s heart has now fully divided into four separate chambers and the heart valves are developing.
- Your baby's head is now large compared to the rest of the body and is tucked down into the chest. Hands and feet are continuing to develop fingers and toes and the elbows are now more visible.
- Your baby may start making some movements this week, but you may not be able to feel the movements for several more weeks.
- At 9 weeks, your baby is almost 1 inch long and weighs approximately 2 grams.
Your body this week
At this stage of your pregnancy, your uterus is now about the size of a medium sized mango. You are probably starting to feel bloated and you've probably never felt so tired in your life. You may have gained a small amount of weight gain now, but it is more than likely just water retention at this point.
Some of the symptoms you may be feeeling may include;
- Moodiness: This attributed to the surge in hormones
- Morning sickness
- Frequent peeing
- Nasal congestion