Your baby this week
Your baby could arrive any day now. Most babies at this stage weigh about 3kg or more. Your doctor will weigh your baby once he/she is born to know his/her exact weight and height.
You little one continues to build a layer of fat to help control his/her body temperature after birth. Your baby is also beginning to form new skin cells which will replace older skin cells.
Your body this week
You will most likely have not experienced a lot of changes in the last week or two. You have probably not gained any weight or noticed that you are bigger, but there are still changes that are taking place.
Your doctor will continue to look for signs of the following:
- Engagement -The baby’s position in relation to your pelvis
- Effacement – thinning of the cervix
- Dilation – opening of the cervix
- Softening of the cervix
You may continue to experience the following symptoms:
- More frequent Braxton Hicks contractions
- Slowdown in fetal activity
- Pelvic pressure and discomfort
- Heartburn or indigestion
- Bloody show or loss of mucous plug
- Rupture of membranes (possibly)
- Diarrhea or nausea