Skip to content
Your baby this week
- Your baby is growing lots of hair this week, not only on the head and brows but all over the body. This thin, ultra-fine hair called lanugo keeps your baby warm. It usually disappears before birth.
- If it is a boy, his prostrate gland is developing and if its a girl, her ovaries are moving down from her abdomen into her pelvis. Also because the thyroid gland is now functioning, your baby starts producing hormones.
- At week 14, your baby is 3.4 inches and weighs about 40 grams and is about the size of a lemon.
- You should have had your first ultrasound scan by now. If you haven’t, its time to schedule an appointment to do so now.
Your body this week
- This week you will notice that your energy is coming back.
- You may feel some aches and pains, as your muscles and ligaments stretch to accomodate your growing baby.
- Some women also notice that they are always extremely hungry at this stage.
- You may notice your that your hair is getting thicker and shinier, a good side-effect of pregnancy.